I want to point out that one of my blogger colleagues has just released a new book called “Free at 45“.
Written by Tim Stobbs at Canadian Dream , the book shows how you can retire at 45, or at least a lot sooner than you might think.
I haven’t read it myself, but I’m sure it’s worth a read.
I’m continuing the pushup challenge and things are finally improving – I felt a lot better during the last two workouts. I’ve finished week two and now I have to do an exhaustion test before continuing with week three.
On with the links
Moneyville had an excellent, excellent article about the Risk involved with real estate. Their point about leverage is spot-on.
Phil from PT Money had an interesting article on Shipping Container Homes.
Oblivious Investor says the best place to get financial advice is not your brokerage firm.
On a similar note, Rob Carrick warns that banks can help you with financial planning, but they are mostly interested in sales.
Dianne Nice of the Globe & Mail explains How to deal with the CRA about a tax issue.
Yound & Thrifty says you can Save big money by quitting smoking. Unfortunately, as a non-smoker – I can’t do this. 😉
Boomer and Echo explains how to Name an RRSP beneficiary.
Financial Uproars ponders a Fat tax for unhealthy eaters.
Michael James says that Entering useless information on your tax return, might be worthwhile.
Clark from Million Dollar Journey wrote about Four money-induced attributes to be wary about.
The Canadian Capitalist says that the proposed learning passport, isn’t such a great deal.
Larry MacDonald insists that it’s time to buy US dollars.
Some American links
- When to Claim Social Security Benefits (One Working Spouse)
- Easy Ways to Stay Fit and Healthy
- Are You Really Prepared for Retirement?
- Who Can Claim the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction? There are several requirements to be able to claim the home mortgage interest deduction, including whose name is on the title, who pays the mortgage, and more.
- Best Military Credit Cards. These credit cards are some of the best available for military members and offer a variety of great features including cash rewards, no foreign transaction fees, and 0% interest offers.
- Credit Karma: Get Your Credit Score For Free
- 5 Tips for Finding Accountant Help for Small Business Owners – Have your business finally grown beyond the DIY stage? If so, congratulation. Accounting is one area where most business owners outsource first. Here are a few tips to help you find accountant help.
- Credit Karma – Get Your Free Credit Score and More – A Review
- Is a House Cleaning Service Worth It?
- Preparing Your Baby’s College Fund -When to Start?
- Earn High Returns with Peer Lending