The diet continues (sort of). I fell off the wagon last weekend. Actually, it was more like diving off the wagon head first. 🙂
My “no beer” diet rules stated that I had to weigh in at less than 180 pounds for two days in a row before I could have any beer. In fact I weighed 179.5 and 180.0 last Friday and Saturday morning.
We went to visit some friends at their country house last weekend and I decided to have some beers since I was close enough to the goal. The diet continues (I weighed 179.5 pounds this morning) although I probably won’t be as strict about the lack of beer. 🙂
Important TFSA info
Earlier this week I posted about Estate planning with your TFSA – choosing a beneficiary or successor holder. Not surprisingly, the article didn’t get much traffic. If you have a TFSA, I urge you to read it and make sure you have your TFSA set up properly. The estate rules are not complicated and it won’t take much time to set up the beneficiary information
On with the links
Canadian Capitalist wonders why the National Post is always ranting against RRSPs. I wonder too.
Home Cents blog has Do your investments fit your retirement plan. An excellent primer for retirement planning.
Krystal wrote about some problems with TD mutual funds. They won’t let her buy the funds she wants!
Landlord Rescue updates about an interesting problem tenant.
Today’s Economy blog says that market predictions are a waste of time.
Sustainable Personal Finance shows exactly How to install a low-flow toilet. Replacing a toilet is probably one of the few renovations I’ve encountered that was easier than I expected.
Rob Carrick lists some good retirement planning calculators.
Retire Happy blog says that it’s time to review your RRSP portfolio. Excellent advice.
My Own Advisor gives us the Coles notes version of his retirement plan.
Boomer and Echo covers some different investing strategies to consider.
Larry MacDonald rereads the RRSP chapter from The Wealthy Barber and says it’s a bit out of date.
Million Dollar Journey wonders is life without tv worth living?
A few more links
- If you are considering opening up or reforming your business have you considered doing so as a Professional LLC?
- Is Gold A Good Investment Now?
- What’s In My Portfolio? (Choosing Mutual Funds)
- TurboTax vs H&R Block Online: Which Is Better?
- 5 Helpful Android and iPhone Tax Apps
- A Federal Income Tax Increase In 2011?
- How-to Save Thousands of Dollars– The Power of Automated Savings
- Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Retirement Plans For The Self Employed or Small Business Owner
- Bootstrapping Your Start-Up Business With Little or No Money