I’m proud to be hosting only the third ever Canadian real estate blog carnival. This carnival was started by Rachelle from Landlord Rescue and contains posts relating to real estate.
- Investing Thesis presents a guide to investing in REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) with Dennis Mitchell of the Sentry REIT fund. Some interesting reasons for investing in REITs, even if you own your own house.
- Landlord Rescue has some great suggestions to lower your property value. Just because your building has some problems, doesn’t mean you have to tell the world about it.
- Canadian Personal Finance Blog reports that the value of all the residential mortgages in Canada is now over $1 Trillion! I think the key stat is that mortgage arrears rate is only 0.42% which is lower than it was in the 1990’s.
- Money Smarts Blog commented on the recent CREA agreement to allow MLS listing for house sellers without a commissioned agent.
- Bigger Pockets has 5 steps to holding a mortgage inside your RRSP. Interesting post, but it seems to be missing some warnings about the high fees that are involved.
- SVB from Digerati Life bought a house in a short-sale. Can you guess which country this happened in? SVB has bought and sold several homes before, so she knew what to expect. Short-sale homes have their own difficulties however.
- Landlord Rescue wonders about VIP tenants.