A reminder that the Canadian tax filing deadline is April 30, 2010. You must efile by this date or send your return in the mail on that date. As long as the postmark is April 30 (or sooner) then you won’t be late even though the government won’t get the mailed return for a few days.
I suggest that you get going on your taxes if you haven’t already done so. While the actual return might not take long, gathering all the relevant tax info can take a while. If you have to get any slips reissued then that will delay things as well.
If you are looking for tax software then check out my QuickTax Canadian tax software review. It’s not for everyone but it is pretty good software.
We’ve been nominated for a couple of categories of the brand new Plutus Awards. If you are a blog fanatic then go on over and vote for your favourite blogs. Four Pillars is in the Best Canadian Blog category and ABCs of Investing is in the Best Investment Blog category.
Some links from this week
- Tim Hortons Brews an Expensive DRIP and SPP | Canadian Capitalist
- 5 Ways to Reduce Financial Clutter | Million Dollar Journey
- How More Americans Are Moving Away From The Traditional Banking System
- New Mortgage Rules For Canadians Starting April 19th 2010 : WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com
- How to Budget Like an Olympian
Some Carnivals I have been in lately