First up – I missed the weekly weigh-in last Saturday because we were in the hospital with the newborn. This morning I weighed 182.5 pounds which is up a bit.
My diet hasn’t been great this week and I blame the fact that my mom is staying with us and feeding me all kinds of yummy crap!!
Guest post and an interview.
I was interviewed this week over at My Two Dollars – check it out!
I also did a guest post at the Canadian Capitalist recently where I talked about the benefits of getting an employer match in your group rrsp.
April Fool’s Day
We did an April Fool’s day post this week which was quite enjoyable. Mr. Cheap created most of the post, but both myself and Mrs. Pillars helped out which is unusual for this blog since we generally write our posts independently. I was surprised that more bloggers didn’t do these kind of posts but I’ve managed to locate a few and listed them here.
- Free Money Finance had a number of posts that were very Onionesque in style – the one where John Bogle admits that index funds don’t really exist got a good laugh out of me.
- Blueprint for Prosperity wrote about a new type of credit card – make sure you click on the credit card link.
- Punny Money talks about how he whores out his wife for fun and profit (yes, that’s exactly what he wrote about).
- Canadian Dream just snapped.
- The Financial Blogger says that the big Canadian Banks are going out of business.
- My Dollar Plan wrote about the best prank her family played on their mother.
- My Two Dollars says he’s going to sell his blog. I offered a few dollars and some hockey pucks but David hasn’t gotten back to me yet. 🙂
- Finance Freelance Life wrote about her unusual retirement plan.
- Money Clipped gives the scoop on the economic stimulus rebate which will be in the form of a debit card that can only be used at a retail store.
- The uber-intellectual Michael James explains his market timing breakthrough. Seems almost obvious in hindsight.
- Lazy Man and Money wrote about the new tank he wants to buy.
- Flexo said he was quitting his job but then admitted he wasn’t.
- Wisebread talks about the new Apple discount tattoo.
Carnival of Personal Finance was held at Stock Trading To Go.